Lion House Rolls


It took a few tries, and about 4 different "Real" Lion House Roll recipes, but I think I nailed it.  I have been making these every Sunday since the beginning of the year.  I read several different recipes, tried some different things, and added my own tips and tricks.  The last 3 times I have made these, they have turned out perfect!  Light, flaky, and delicious.  Here's how I "roll" (hahaha)...



2 cups warm water2 Tbsp. yeast1/3 cup sugar2/3 cup powdered milk1/3 cup butter, softened1 egg2 tsp. salt2-3 cups all-purpose flour2-2 1/2 cups bread flourIn large mixer, let yeast dissolve in water.  I add a little bit (about 1 tbsp.) of the sugar to help it along.  Once it has foamed, add the rest of the sugar, dry milk, butter, egg, and salt.  Mix until smooth.  Add 1 cup all-purpose flour, and 1 cup bread flour.  Mix until smooth.  Add another cup of each flour.  Mix until smooth.  At this point, you have added 4 cups of flour.  Depending on where you live/time of year, the next part can get tricky.  I only add 1/2 cup of each flour next, so that's a total of 5 cups.  You may have to add up to 1-1 1/2 cups more.  You want the dough to be sticky, but slightly pull away from the bowl when mixing.  This part takes practice.  Next, with a rubber spatula, scrape dough off of sides of bowl.  Cover with damp towel and place in a warm part of the house.  Let rise double, about 1 hour.
Cover counter with flour, and roll dough out into large rectangle, about 1/4" thick. Brush dough with melted butter, about 1/4 cup. Cut dough into 2x4 rectangles with pizza cutter.  I watched THIS video of how the Lion House really rolls their rolls.  And that is exactly how I do it now.  If you skip the video, you can just lightly roll them up, and place seam side down on pan.  In my large sheet pan, I did about 3 rolls across, and 5 rolls down.  They need to be kind of close together to help each other raise.  Rise?  Whatever.  Again, cover with damp towel, and let them rise in a warm place for another hour.  Bake at 375 for 15 minutes, or until golden.  When done, brush tops with melted butter.
Enjoy!
P.S.  I hope that wasn't too complicated.  It really isn't hard, and it is SOOO worth it.  They are amazing!  Please let me know if you have ANY questions!
LihatTutupKomentar